NetTracer (www.nettracer.aero) is a leading provider of SaaS and cloud-based solutions primarily for the airline industry. We are experiencing significant growth and international product expansion and are recognized as a leader in the Atlanta software development community.
NetTracer’s faith-based values are rooted in the values espoused by The Owens Group International family of companies. We promote a culture of continuous improvement and a thriving environment for growth amongst our team members. We value humble confidence, integrity, consistent innovation, respectful collaboration, and for going the extra mile to serve each other and our valued customers.
Summary of Job Description
Position reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer. Requires a self-motivated, high-performing software engineer with expert level skills able to work in an agile environment with 12-15 other engineers, together responsible for building high-volume transaction web applications for a multi-tenant SaaS platform. Will help construct the software encompassing all aspects of products including UI, middleware messaging/ESB (JBoss), and MySQL Database. The appropriate candidate will have experience supporting and maintaining solutions across all phases of the application development lifecycle and across the entirety of the technology stack. Preferred experienced in utilizing automated testing and automated build solutions like jUnit, Selenium, and Jenkins CI services to guarantee product and release quality.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science.
- Master's degree in Computer Science desired
- 10+ years of professional experience (or equivalent) developing object oriented web-based applications.
- Experience working directly with clients, gathering business requirements and developing technical requirements.
- Experience leading small teams of software engineers
Required Technical Skills
- Expert programming skills in Java, including developing data structures, multi-threaded processes, and unique algorithms.
- Substantial working knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, MS SQL) and Hibernate.
- Expertise in system administration skills of Linux server infrastructure.
- Expert OO design and programming knowledge and ability to apply it.
- Aptitude for innovating and driving best practices and technical initiatives on the team.
- Aptitude for partnering with management to adopt business initiatives and drive technical excellence of the team.
- Ability to lead other software engineers to accomplish team goals.
- Aptitude for being a positive influence on the team.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely analytical mind capable of troubleshooting extremely complex issues.
- Ability to effectively consult with clients to solicit requirements and troubleshoot complex issues.
Other Preferred Technical Skills
- Agile Process experience.
- Knowledge of JBoss 7.1+ and J2EE technologies.
- Experience with Struts, Spring, Faces.
- Knowledge of SOA architectures and web services.
- Knowledge of source control repositories.
- Expert knowledge of JBoss 7.1+ and J2EE technologies.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with mobile app development technologies such as Android, iOS, HTML.
- Successfully complete key deliverables in Software Development Process, including Analysis & Design, Technical Architecture, Development, and Testing.
- Provide regular project updates to stakeholders and escalate issues to ensure project risks are managed appropriately.
- Work with product owner, software engineers and other stakeholders to ensure that product is designed and implemented to meet current and future needs of the customers.
- Participate in project planning and management, including development of timelines, leveling of resources and managing tasks for quality, schedule and budget.
Non-technical Essential Attributes
- Integrity: The combination of strong character and earned trust shown through moral and ethical competence; Doing the right thing every time, even when no one is looking.
- Humble Confidence: The quiet confidence to effectively meet and exceed the job requirements, while expressing a humble attitude toward internal and external contacts; maturely express feelings and opinions; manage disagreements constructively; socially adept and mature.
- Innovator: Always seeking and asking customers and colleagues what else NetTracer can and should offer as a product or service to complement existing solutions; Inquisitive.
- Strong Communicator: Listen well; able to clearly present information through spoken and written word; Ability to influence and persuade others through oral presentation in various internal and external situations; Ability to collaborate effectively.
- Goal Oriented: Able to define realistic, specific goals and objectives for self; Able to prioritize objectives; Exhibit high sense of motivation and sense of urgency to meet and exceed goals set; Willing to do whatever it takes to succeed for our valued NetTracer customers.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan
- Innovative, high growth and collaborative culture.
- Fun, flexible and casual work environment with amazing people
- Unlimited drinks and snacks every day with great lunches included on Thursdays and Fridays
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- Great Benefits including: Medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, 401K, Life and Disability coverage
- Gym membership
- Awesome Team Events